The port of Makassar is located on the Strait of Makassar in the Southern part of the Sulawesi province.
The coast around the port is sandy and muddy and so is the sea bottom.
The navigation channel, from the outer buoy, is 25 nautical miles long, and about 1 nm wide with a minimum depth of -10m00 LWS.
Cruise ships clearance procedure.
Cruise ships arriving in Indonesia should normally schedule their cruise itinerary calling first one of the Indonesian Port of Entry (see list below).
- In case the cruise ships carries less than 200 passengers, the clearance is granted on vessel’s arrival in Indonesia and the visa delivered to those passengers which are able to get visa on arrival (See list). Enroute clearance is not necessary.
- In case the vessel carries more than 200 passengers, clearance has to be carried out enroute to Indonesia. The cruise operator has to organize it with his shipping agent in Indonesia to have a team of immigration officers joining the cruise ships to the last foreign port before Indonesia. Clearance and visa will be processed enroute to Indonesia. The number of Indonesian officials joining the cruise ship will depend of the number of the number of passengers and crewmembers onboard.
When the cruise operator has no alternative than having the first Indonesian port not being an Indonesian Port of Entry, the second option applies (Enroute clearance) irrespective of the number of passengers onboard.
List of the Indonesian port of Entry
- Sekupang, Citra Tritunas (Harbour Bay); Nongsa; Marina Teluk Senimba; & Batam Centre, Batam, Riau
- Bandar Bintan Telani Lagoi & Bandar Sri Udana Lobam, Tanjung Uban, Riau
- Sri Bintan Pura, Tanjung Pinang, Riau
- Tanjung Balai Karimun, Riau
- Belawan, Medan, North Sumatera
- Sibolga, Sibolga, North Sumatera
- Yos Sudarso, Dumai, Riau
- Teluk Bayur, Padang, West Sumatera
- Tanjung Priok, Jakarta
- Tanjung Mas, Semarang, Central Java
- Padang Bai, Karang Asem, Bali
- Benoa, Badung, Bali
- Bitung, Bitung, North Sulawesi
- Soekarno-Hatta, Makassar, South Sulawesi
- Pare-pare, Pare-pare, South Sulawesi
- Maumere, Maumere, East Nusa Tenggara
- Tenau, Kupang, East Nusa Tenggara
- Jayapura, Jayapura, Papua
Only citizens of following countries FREE VISA for entering Indonesia (11 countries) if they are entering via gate ports of Indonesia, but if they are entering via non gate ports, they must pay visa on arrival (VOA) USD 25 / pax - valid for 30 days.
- BRUNEI DARUSSALAM
- HONG KONG SAR
- MACAO SAR
The 64 countries below are no longer free visa. They will get a visa on arrival (VOA) when they are entering the country via gate ports (effective from 26th January 2010) – The cost is USD 25 / pax valid for 30 days.
35. NEW ZEALAND
42. SAUDI ARABIA
43. SOUTH AFRICA
44. SOUTH KOREA
49. TAIWAN TERRITORY
50. UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
51. UNITED KINGDOM
54. CZECH REPUBLIC
64. TIMOR LESTE
If the vessel has onboard passengers which are not entitled to get visa on arrival in Indonesia and which have no visa, the cruise operator should inform the shipping agent in order to approach and inform the immigration officer at first port entry then asking a visa dispensation as tourist at a cost of from USD 50 to USD 100/ pax.
Israeli passport holders are restricted in Indonesia.
GATE PORTS OF INDONESIA :
OTHER GATE PORTS
Entikong, Entikong, West Kalimantan
* If the citizen which is include in 64 countries above entering Indonesia via GATE PORTS, they are able to be given VISA ON ARRIVAL (VOA) and visa costs : US$ 25 / pax - valid for 30 days.
** If the citizen which is include in 64 countries above entering Indonesia via NON GATE PORTS, they must obtain visa and visa must be arranged at the local Indonesian Consulate abroad or you must submit a letter to the Immigration Head Office in Jakarta requesting an exemption that visa costs to be paid in cash on board or via bank-transfer (via PELNI AGENT)
*** If the citizen which is NOT INCLUDE in 64 countries above entering Indonesia via GATE PORTS or NON GATE PORTS, they must in possession of visa before entering Indonesia (it must be arranged at the local Indonesian Consulate abroad).
|Temperature||The average temperature varies from 24°C to 31°C|
|Winds||The rainy season is from November to April while the dry season is from May to October. Bad weather including strong winds occurs in December and January. The average wind speed up to 13 knots but can reach 30 to 35 knots in December and January during the raining season.|
|Current||The flow of water of Tallo River which arrives in the harbour creates a Southerly current which vary from 0 up to 2 knots.|
|Tidal range||Tidal range 1m40 maximum|
|Access channel||The entrance channel of Makassar is 2 nm long and 200 m wide with a minimum depth of 14m00.|
|Main cruise berth||The pier dedicated to passenger vessels is 1,360 m long with a minimum depth of -9m00 LWS.|
|For additional information you can also contact directly the Harbour Master of the port of Benoa - Captain Ali Sodikin - email email@example.com - Cell +62 812 30886882 or +62 878 53396688.|
|Is Pilotage Compulsory||Mandatory|
|Address||Jalan Gajah Mada N°14|
|Jakarta Pusat 10130 - Indonesia|
|Phone||+62 21 6385 7747|
|Fax||+62 21 6386 4837|
|Contact||Mrs. Erna Srl Emawati, Cruise Agency Department|
|PT Andhika GAC|
|Address||Wisma Staco, 2nd Floor, Suite 201228|
|Jalan Casablanca Kav. 18|
|Jakarta 12870 – Indonesia|
|Phone||+62 21 831 1000 or +62 21 831 1001|
|Fax||+62 811 970 0083|
|Contact||Suprijanto Widodo, Section Head-Cruise / Offshore|
|Are tugs available||Yes|
|Capacity per pipe/hour||80 m3/hour|
|Fuel Grades||IFO180cst, MDO and MGO grades are available. To be ordered ahead.|
|Makassar Downtown||1 km|
|To the international airport||10 km.|
Cruise ships calling Makassar
|Vessels||Arion, Costa Allegra, Costa Romantica, Ocean Pearl, Spirit of Adventure.|
|Name||PT. Reka Wahana Mulya - brand name "Indoworkforces"|
|License||N°1/MEN/I/2007 issued by Ministry of workforce & Transmigration of Republic of Indonesia|
|Address||Jalan Cikini IV No.14|
|Additional Information||Indoworkforces collaborates with the following hotel school, Lembaga Pendidikan dan Pelatihan Hotel & Cruise" Jl.Situsari II No.15-A Buah Batu, Bandung, Indonesia|