The port of Padang Bay is operated by the Karangasem Regency. The port is in compliance with the ISPS code since July 2007.
Tendering facilities have been developped on the northern part of Padang Bay.
The depth a long the tender pier is only of -1m20 LWS. Cruise operators have to take into account the tidal condition and, depending of the characteristics of the ship's tenders, either stop tendering during the moment of the low tide, either charter local tenders which have a capacity from 10 to 20 pax.
The Nyepi Day (also called Silent Day) all activities are stopped in Bali.
This includes the port and airport which are closed that day. This correspond to the Balinese New Year, and it falls the day following the dark moon of spring equinox. The next dates for the Nyepi Day are on 5 March 2011 and on 23 March 2012.
Cruise ships clearance procedure.
Cruise ships arriving in Indonesia should normally schedule their cruise itinerary calling first one of the Indonesian Port of Entry (see list below).
- In case the cruise ships carries less than 200 passengers, the clearance is granted on vessel’s arrival in Indonesia and the visa delivered to those passengers which are able to get visa on arrival (See list). Enroute clearance is not necessary.
- In case the vessel carries more than 200 passengers, clearance has to be carried out enroute to Indonesia. The cruise operator has to organize it with his shipping agent in Indonesia to have a team of immigration officers joining the cruise ships to the last foreign port before Indonesia. Clearance and visa will be processed enroute to Indonesia. The number of Indonesian officials joining the cruise ship will depend of the number of the number of passengers and crewmembers onboard.
When the cruise operator has no alternative than having the first Indonesian port not being an Indonesian Port of Entry, the second option applies (Enroute clearance) irrespective of the number of passengers onboard.
List of the Indonesian port of Entry
- Sekupang, Citra Tritunas (Harbour Bay); Nongsa; Marina Teluk Senimba; & Batam Centre, Batam, Riau
- Bandar Bintan Telani Lagoi & Bandar Sri Udana Lobam, Tanjung Uban, Riau
- Sri Bintan Pura, Tanjung Pinang, Riau
- Tanjung Balai Karimun, Riau
- Belawan, Medan, North Sumatera
- Sibolga, Sibolga, North Sumatera
- Yos Sudarso, Dumai, Riau
- Teluk Bayur, Padang, West Sumatera
- Tanjung Priok, Jakarta
- Tanjung Mas, Semarang, Central Java
- Padang Bai, Karang Asem, Bali
- Benoa, Badung, Bali
- Bitung, Bitung, North Sulawesi
- Soekarno-Hatta, Makassar, South Sulawesi
- Pare-pare, Pare-pare, South Sulawesi
- Maumere, Maumere, East Nusa Tenggara
- Tenau, Kupang, East Nusa Tenggara
- Jayapura, Jayapura, Papua
Only citizens of following countries FREE VISA for entering Indonesia (11 countries) if they are entering via gate ports of Indonesia, but if they are entering via non gate ports, they must pay visa on arrival (VOA) USD 25 / pax - valid for 30 days.
- BRUNEI DARUSSALAM
- HONG KONG SAR
- MACAO SAR
The 64 countries below are no longer free visa. They will get a visa on arrival (VOA) when they are entering the country via gate ports (effective from 26th January 2010) – The cost is USD 25 / pax valid for 30 days.
35. NEW ZEALAND
42. SAUDI ARABIA
43. SOUTH AFRICA
44. SOUTH KOREA
49. TAIWAN TERRITORY
50. UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
51. UNITED KINGDOM
54. CZECH REPUBLIC
64. TIMOR LESTE
If the vessel has onboard passengers which are not entitled to get visa on arrival in Indonesia and which have no visa, the cruise operator should inform the shipping agent in order to approach and inform the immigration officer at first port entry then asking a visa dispensation as tourist at a cost of from USD 50 to USD 100/ pax.
Israeli passport holders are restricted in Indonesia.
GATE PORTS OF INDONESIA:
OTHER GATE PORTS
Entikong, Entikong, West Kalimantan
* If the citizen which is include in 64 countries above entering Indonesia via GATE PORTS, they are able to be given VISA ON ARRIVAL (VOA) and visa costs : US$ 25 / pax - valid for 30 days.
** If the citizen which is include in 64 countries above entering Indonesia via NON GATE PORTS, they must obtain visa and visa must be arranged at the local Indonesian Consulate abroad or you must submit a letter to the Immigration Head Office in Jakarta requesting an exemption that visa costs to be paid in cash on board or via bank-transfer (via PELNI AGENT)
*** If the citizen which is NOT INCLUDE in 64 countries above entering Indonesia via GATE PORTS or NON GATE PORTS, they must in possession of visa before entering Indonesia (it must be arranged at the local Indonesian Consulate abroad).
In Labuan Amuk bay
|Temperature||Average of 33.6°C|
|Winds||The port is protected from the general winds which are the follows:
From July to September southeasterly winds with maximum speed of 15 knots.
From December to March, southwesterly winds with a maximum speed of 30 knots.
|Current||In Padang Bay the maximum current is 2 to 3 knots according to the tide.|
|Tidal range||1m to 2m10 maximum|
|Tender facilities||Have been developped on the northern part of Padang Bay.|
|Tender pier depth||-1m20 LWS|
|Other points||Cruise operators have to take into account the tidal condition and, depending of the characteristics of the ship's tenders, either stop tendering during the moment of the low tide, either charter local tenders which have a capacity from 10 to 20 pax.|
|For additional information you can also contact directly the Harbour Master of the port of Benoa - Captain Ali Sodikin - email email@example.com - Cell +62 812 30886882 or +62 878 53396688.|
|Is Pilotage Compulsory||Not compulsory but available upon request from Benoa.|
|Address||Jalan Gajah Mada N°14|
|Jakarta Pusat 10130 - Indonesia|
|Phone||+62 21 6385 7747|
|Fax||+62 21 6386 4837|
|Contact||Mrs. Erna Srl Emawati, Cruise Agency Department|
|PT Andhika GAC|
|Address||Wisma Staco, 2nd Floor, Suite 201228|
|Jalan Casablanca Kav. 18|
|Jakarta 12870 – Indonesia|
|Phone||+62 21 831 1000 or +62 21 831 1001|
|Fax||+62 811 970 0083|
|Contact||Suprijanto Widodo, Section Head-Cruise / Offshore|
|Are tugs available||No|
|To Denpasar||60 km|
|To the international airport||70 km|
Cruise ships calling Padang Bay
|Vessels||Rhapsody of the Seas, Seven Seas Mariner, Prinsendam, Costa Allegra, Costa Marine, Delphin Renaissance, Funchal, Europa, Saga Rose, Queen Elisabeth II, Arion, Silver Shadow.|
|Name||PT. Reka Wahana Mulya - brand name "Indoworkforces"|
|License||N°1/MEN/I/2007 issued by Ministry of workforce & Transmigration of Republic of Indonesia|
|Address||Jalan Cikini IV No.14|
|Additional Information||Indoworkforces collaborates with the following hotel school, Lembaga Pendidikan dan Pelatihan Hotel & Cruise" Jl.Situsari II No.15-A Buah Batu, Bandung, Indonesia|